European Digital SME Alliance acts as a champion, co-ordinator and facilitator to projects that address the needs and challenges of European ICT small and medium sized businesses.
The European Digital SME Alliance provides a voice for ICT SMEs in the policy and regulatory arenas and is already represented in several EU expert groups and taskforces.
The members of the European Digital SME Alliance are national associations of ICT small and medium sized businesses that represent several thousands SMEs across Europe.
The ambition of the European Digital SME Alliance is be the voice of ICT SMEs in Europe. Its objective is to bring ICT SMEs’ interests to the centre of the European political agenda.
- WIFI4EU – Free WiFi connections across Europe’s public spaces 14. September 2016
- EU net neutrality guidelines released: DIGITAL SME calls for SME friendly implementation 1. September 2016
- H2020 Project: KATANA – Emerging industries as key enablers for the adoption of advanced technologies in the Agrifood sector 1. September 2016
- Digital SMEs applaud the Commission decision for Apple to repay 13 Billion tax bill 30. August 2016
- Digital SMEs intervene in the EU antitrust case against Google practices with respect to Android 1. August 2016
Statements of our Members
As the only UK association which is focused exclusively on the SME part of the IT sector, UKITA is well aware that it is very difficult for most smaller businesses to engage with Europe. Through our membership of the European DIGITAL SME Alliance, we are kept up to date with EU developments, projects and standards and we can then alert our members whenever we see something that is genuinely going to be useful to them. Having access to a full-time presence in the heart of Brussels is essential in making this possible.
Denmark is a small country – the 500 member companies of IT-Forum need to be connected to a wider European market. It is nearly impossible to make any connections to EU - being a IT-SME company in Denmark, therefore it is very important that we represent our members in the EU. The European DIGITAL SME Alliance connects us easily to the right bodies and institutions in the EU in order to raise the voice for a rapidly growing number of IT-SME’s in Europe – a voice which would not be heard without the European Digital SME Alliance.